CHECK THE ANSWERS TO
OUR MID-TERM REVIEW
01. COMPLETE THE SENTENCES USING THE WORDS LISTED.
b) as far as
h) count ...in
i) heading (for)
j) out of stocks
p) pulls into
r) glove compartment
u) got in .... way
02. REWRITE THE SENTENCES USING HAVE GOT or HAS GOT
a) Barbara has got ('s got) a new ....
b) Kate has got ('s got) time ....
c) Have you got any information...?
d) Has William got any ....?
e) I haven't got a pen.
03. REWRITE THE SENTENCES USING "IT TAKES...."
1. It takes six hours to go to São Paulo.
2. It takes me twenty minutes to do my homework.
3. It takes Samantha 4 hours to type all those letters.
4. It took me only 45 minutes to do the exam.
5. It will take Walter 5 years to get his black belt in karate.
6. Does it take Sidney five years to get his ....?
04. USING AS FAR AS or UNTIL
1. AS FAR AS
2. AS FAR AS
05. USE "MIGHT" IN THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES...
1. Mary might buy a new dress this afternoon.
2. I might not finish this article today ....
3. Marcel might call me today if he....
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS,
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME
VIA E-MAIL AND IT WILL BE
A PLEASURE TO HELP YOU.