quarta-feira, 16 de março de 2011

LESSON 17

PRACTICE THE WORDS YOU

LEARNED IN LESSON 17.

FILL IN WITH THE MISSING WORDS AND CHECK THE ANSWERS:

01. The weather is terrible today. There's rain and snow, and a lot of wind. There's a ____ outside.
02. An extremely intense and violent storm is a ______ storm.
03. If I start the housework now, I'll be finished _____ five o'clock.
04. You'd better go to the party without me. I _____ be here at the office for a long time.
05. Robert says that Nancy can speak a little Spanish. _____, she can two more languages.
06. The TV station transmits its programs to the televisions in this area only. This is the _____ of the TV station.
07. An _____ goes over a road. A ______ goes over water.
08. All the streets are covered with ice. They are _____
09. Would you like to ______ owner of the company you work for?
10. The storm can bring ______ driving conditions.
11. If you think I'm going to let you stay out all night, you are _____ wrong.
12. _____ I start saving money, I won't be able to go to Florida on my vacation.
13. Bush Garden is a ___________. I'd love to visit it!
14. Do you like to ride ______?
15. If George doesn't stop getting to work late, he ____not have his job much longer.
16. When I was younger, I wanted to ______ as an actor.
17. When we stand on _____ we look taller, right?
18. There's a thousand dollars' ______ of watches at this store.
19. There will be an extra charge for any __________passengers.
20. This _______ exchanges bills for tokens.
21. Fifty people voted ________the new proposal.


ANSWERS:


01.STORM
02.SEVERE
03.BY
04.MAY
05.IN FACT
06.VIEWING AREA
07.OVERPASS - BRIDGE
08.ICY
09.BECOME
10.HAZARDOUS
11.ABSOLUTELY
12.UNLESS
13.THEME PARK / AMUSEMENT PARK
14.ROLLER COASTERS
15.MAY
16.MAKE IT
17.TIPTOES
18.WORTH
19.ADDITIONAL
20. CHANGE MACHINE
21. AGAINST

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário