THESE ARE THE MAIN WORDS WE ARE
LEARNING IN LESSON 13:
A) UNEXPECTED = NOT EXPECTED, SURPRISING
B) DOWNTOWN = THE BUSINESS AREA OF A CITY, THE CENTRAL PART OF THE CITY
C) TO BEG = TO IMPLORE, TO SUPPLICATE
D) BUNCH = A LARGE QUANTITY OF, LOTS OF,
E) BRUISE = A BLACK-AND-BLUE MARK ON THE SKIN
F) TO FIT = TO BE THE RIGHT SIZE, NOT TOO BIG OR TOO SMALL
G) TIGHT = FIRMLY OR CLOSELY
H) CUSTOMER SERVICE = THIS SECTION OF THE STORE HELPS THE CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE PROBLEM WITH SOMETHING THAT THEY BOUGHT.
I) TO EXCHANGE = TO GIVE SOMETHING TO SOMEONE AND RECEIVE SOMETHING FROM THEM
J) GOODS = MERCHANDISE, MATERIALS, EQUIPMENTS, THINGS FOR SALE
K) I AM AFRAID .... = I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT....
L) REFUND = REIMBURSEMENT, RETURN
M) SLIP = A SMALL PIECE OF PAPER, ESPECIALLY ONE THAT IS USED FOR RECORDING PAYMENTS IN PLACES LIKE BANKS OR STORES.
N) TO FILL OUT = TO WRITE THE NECESSARY INFORMATION ON AN OFFICIAL DOCUMENT, TO COMPLETE
O) SINCE = BECAUSE
NOW COMPLETE THE SENTENCES BELOW USING THE NEW VOCABULARY. MAKE ANY NECESSARY CHANGES:
01. I work __________, but I live in the suburbs.
02. When I went on business to Peru, the office _______ my expenses.
03. ____we've got a few minutes to wait for the train, let's have a cup of coffee.
04. My boyfriend gave me a _________ of flowers yesterday.
05. With her qualifications, she should ________ the job perfectly.
06. Well, fancy seeing you here! This really is an ______ pleasure!
07. He ___ed her to stay, but she simply laughed and put her bags in the car.
08. She had a few cuts and _______ but nothing serious.
09. That jacket's too ________! You need a bigger size.
10. If you want to order a book fill in that green _______ on the desk.
I HOPE IT HELPED YOU!